This past year was a big one for me. When it began, I had no idea how many big moments were in store for me but I think that’s what has made this year so great. It’s been a year of surprises and challenges. Of pushing myself farther than I thought I was capable of.
I wanted to reflect properly on 2017. Not just to remember the highlights but also the losses and the smaller things. The new interests and the small discoveries. Small things can get forgotten or blurred together but I want to do my best to pinpoint them to here and now.
Here are the things I did in 2017 (in no particular order but I’m an unorganized mess)
- Broke my wrist
- Made this blog a real thing
- Got on a plane by myself
- Saw the Rocky Mountains
- Saw Alberta
- Took driving lessons
- Got my driver’s licence
- Moved into my own apartment
- Got a promotion & a new position
- Started working remotely
- Went on a writing retreat
- Read a lot of books
- Dyed my hair blonde(r)
- Fell back in love with yoga
- Saw a Queen concert
Some new interests I found:
- Podcasts & audiobooks – revolutionary
- Entrepreneurship – catch me being my own boss in the near future
- Photography & Post Editing – it’s always been an interest but I leveled up this year
- Web Development & programming – leveled up my exploration of the internet
Some things I lost
- My dog, Sophie
- A lot fear
Some things I gained:
- A better understanding of who I am & where I’m going
- Confidence in myself & my abilities
And finally, some discoveries:
- Some things take time & other things take a loooot of time. Both are okay. Both will get you to the same place in the end.
- I really love to write. I really, really do.
- Almond milk is actually really good. And feels pretty good too.
- Doing things inspires you to do more things. Momentum builds on momentum. Keep doing & doing & doing.
- Rain sounds really nice on skylights with the lights turned off.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
What are your big moments & small discoveries of 2017?